1) Todd looked handsome heading to work today in his blue shirt and blue tie.
2) A kitchen contractor came today to do an estimate on putting in a dishwasher, and offered a suggestion on doing it that might save us a ton of money. Or should I say, made it a possibility because we were not going to spend a ton of money.
3) The leaves are breathtaking in Cleveland right now. Especially the red ones.
4) The teen on our street who was in a terrible bike accident over the summer made an incredible recovery from her head injury.
5) Tutors come to our house to teach Riley, and Riley loves them.
6) Appt. tomorrow with a specialist to help Seth and it’s covered by our insurance.
7) I made squash curry soup with fresh organic ingredients from our food co-op, and I’m drinking it like coffee today.
8) My awareness that I will benefit from every bit of contrast I experience, (if I allow myself to) even if I don’t like it in the moment.
9) Riley’s observation of an adult the other day, and noting said adult “seemed pretty full of himself.” In a bad way. First time she’s ever made such an observation. She’s developing discernment.
10) Ladybugs in November.
Got any reasons of your own you’d like to share? I’d love to see them in the comments.
Dear Michelle, your gratitude list was lovely in the telling and in the being. I’m glad that you have all this for which to be grateful. I’m also glad that you recognize these people and events and happenings as pure gift.
It seems to me that living in gratitude for the very air we breathe and the red maple leaves is to live in mindfulness. I’m so glad to hear that Riley is growing in discernment. That’s such a mature aspect of life.
As to my gratitude list today–many people and things and feelings, but most of all talking to a friend who listened to my physical woes. I am grateful for her simply listening and not trying to solve anything. Just being there as I try to un-convolute my thoughts. A blessing.
Sending love for your appointment tomorrow with the specialist. Let’s get some answers, hear that, Mary?
Ya…some answers for Miss Michelle… PLEASE… and Seth…
I am grateful for you …
I am grateful for my little “gig”.
I am grateful for the BVR counselor… Like you Michelle, she won’t stop trying until she reaches her goals… and doesn’t believe in giving up.
Thanks for sharing.
I’m with Carrie – let’s hope the specialist has some good ideas.
Right now I’m grateful for this post, that makes me stop and think of reasons to be grateful for 🙂 Did you know this :http://thankfulfor.com/?
I am SO glad to be home today!!! 😀
These are all so good.
That my friend did not die, or lose her arm.
That my kids LOVE their new school.
That I make kick-ass soup, myself. Italian Wedding, bitches!
That the art docent program I am heading is getting going.
That my husband still thinks I’m sexy.
For this time I have right now, midst cartoons and lollipops.
For a minute to read my mama blogs.
For pumpkin pie spice creamer, how I love you.
For my cats’ ability to snuggle and not hold grudges.
For friends reminding me to be grateful.